What is Pilates?
Joseph Pilates was decades ahead of his time, as we now know that developing a balanced body, mind, and spirit—his main goal—lies at the heart of optimal health.
Over the past 80 years the Pilates Method has evolved, and master teachers from around the world continue to incorporate the latest in the science of exercise and physiology into Joseph’s original technique. At Integration, we also incorporate yoga, traditional fitness and rehabilitative therapy into our unique approach to Pilates.
We work with a wide variety of clients:
• Those suffering chronic pain and injury looking for alternatives to traditional western medicine;
• Those with sedentary jobs needing to improve posture and relieve repetitive strain;
• New mothers wanting to reconnect to their core;
• Athletes cross-training to address overuse injuries;
• Anyone who wants an exercise discipline that leaves you feeling taller, relaxed, and centred!
Pilates creates fitness from the inside out. Key principles of the technique are:
• developing core-strength
• functional flexibility
• proper alignment and posutre
• body control, balance, and awareness
• breath connection
Pilates helps you live more fully—whether that means improving your golf game; having shoulders that don’t ache anymore; handling stress more effectively; or just feeling more connected to yourself.