When can I start?
Throughout the year we offer four different sessions: Winter (Jan to Mar; 12 weeks) Spring (Apr to June; 12 weeks) Summer (July to Aug; 8 weeks) Fall (Sept to Dec; 14 weeks).
Ideally, you should start at the beginning of a session, as the classes progress from week to week. If you wish to start after a session has begun, we recommend taking at least one private session beforehand to catch up.
Private training can begin at anytime throughout the year.
Can I drop into classes?
We do accept drop-ins into our registered classes, but check online for availability or call to book your spot in advance so that we can ensure that there is space in that class. Please also note that, although we do guide participants completely through the class, we do progress from week to week, so if you are dropping in and not sure about the technique, this may not be the ideal way to do classes.
How do I register?
You can register online through the Mindbody scheduler or contact the office via phone, e-mail, or in person. Our schedule of classes is available on our website, and you can hold your spot in classes by pre-paying for the session.
What do I need to wear/bring?
All you need is non-restrictive clothing. Pilates is done in regular fitness attire. No footwear is required. We recommend either bare feet or our Pilates toe-Sox with a non-slip sole. We supply all of the equipment, including mats; however if you have your own equipment you are more than welcome to bring it. We also recommend bringing a bottle of water, we have a water cooler for your convenience.
What happens if I miss a class?
You can make up a missed class in any of our other equivalent classes, provided there is space. When you register for a session, you are pre-paying for all of the classes in that session. We do allow you to make up any missed classes, but the classes MUST be made up within that session.
- If you are unable to attend your class, please “early cancel” by going to your online profile and selecting “cancel” on your schedule page. Cancellations must be done at least 2 hours prior to the class start time.
- You are welcome to make up all classes that you “early cancel” prior to the end of the session. If you do not “early cancel” you will not be able to make up your class.
- Open spaces for class make-ups can be found on our online schedule or by contacting the studio to check space availability.
- If you miss the first 3 consecutive classes in a session without notifying the studio, you will be removed from the class roster.
- There are some classes that are fully registered. If clients have not arrived within the first 5 minutes of the class, available spots will be offered up to those waiting on a first come, first served basis.
- For private and semi-private sessions, missed appointments will be charged if notice is not given by 5pm the previous day.
Can I take group classes if I have an injury or restrictive condition?
It really depends on the nature of your injury or condition. Many of our class participants have conditions that they are working through in class, so it is possible. However, first ask your doctor or physiotherapist if they recommend a group class for you. Then speak to someone at reception or to a Pilates teacher to find out more. We recommend taking at least one private session before taking a group class in this instance to give time for assessment and evaluation, and for you to get a sense of what’s involved in the classes.
Can I do pilates while pregnant?
Please speak to your doctor before beginning any exercise program when you are pregnant. We recommend taking private sessions to create a home program of safe and appropriate exercises. Group classes do require modifications during pregnancy, so again we would recommend taking a private session to understand what these modifications would be.
What is your policy on refunds?
All sessions and bulk packages are non-refundable, but are transferable. Medical emergencies and special circumstances will be taken into consideration. See our Studio Policies for full details.